Pages

Jul 26, 2011

Vacation

Hello blog world!

I have been on a vacation of sorts to visit with my sister and my mother, and it has been one long hot week or so!

I know all families have issues..... BUT. REALLY?

Let's just say I am ever so glad to be home sweet home!

I found when we arrived yesterday that a storm while we were gone took out some of the things in the yard...like the gazebo thingy, it was all bent and blown over when we got back, and the pool cover was blown into the pool. (thank goodness for neighbors who checked up on things and retrieved the pool cover before it was lodged in the filter system) Some of the toys and such that were put inside the gazebo are tossed around in the yard but it can all be cleaned up and repaired or replaced. Not a big deal.

The garden grew a lot in just a short (okay very long and hot) week, my lucky neighbor (yup the same one who checked after the storm) got to get the first red tomato's off the vine while I was gone but there are plenty of them ripe or ripening as I type this (pics later in the week) and plenty of everything else as well. Even the few stalks of corn that did grow, have a few ears on them.

I went to see my granddaughters this morning (my daughter offered me a big breakfast that I didn't have to cook!) and they covered me with baby kisses! I missed them tremendously while I was away last weekend, and from what I was told they missed me just as much! I have big plans for them this weekend and it is the youngest's birthday, she will turn 3 so I think maybe a hot-dog and hamburger cook-out is in order, followed by some homemade ice cream!

I also picked up some material while I was away and have plans for two more gorgeous sundresses for my ggirls! I just love to spoil them so much, I mean that is a gramma's job is it not?

I sure hope all of you are staying cool in this unrelenting heat and finding ways to enjoy your days!



Until next time, Deb~

1 comment:

Cary Ann said...

I am ALWAYS glad to be home after visiting relatives too :) Nothing like the comforts of home! So glad you are getting tomatoes. Glad nothing was damamged to badly during the storm as well. It is always nice to have helpfull neighbors. Hope you have a great week :)
CAry Ann